Learning to engage with art
Simple and effective, this promo for Quebec’s cultural offerings uses modern dance to evoke a sense of classical wonder.
Unlock full credits and more with a Source + shots membership.
- Agency Cossette Communication/Montreal
- Production Company 4Zero1
- Director Benjamin Nicolas
- Copywriter Souleman Diallo
- Music/Sound Design Theo Porcet
- Producer Philippe Lalande
- DP Alexandre Nour Desjardins
- Creative Director Sonia Girouard
- Art Director Jerome Bajulaz
From agency Cossette comes a down-to-earth production focusing on emulating the feeling of art.
The body on screen is covered in dry mud, cracked and falling off in flakes. The camera lingers over muscles flexing, the movement that appears almost oceanic, like waves breaking under ice. It’s beautiful and strange, and the movement of the dancer only adds to the strange otherworldly-ness of the piece.
Taking a metaphorical approach to cultural resonance, the film feels contemporary while still paying homage to classical art. Experience Culture was directed by Benjamin Nicolas and the pared-down production design is thanks to 4Zero1.