Want to work for shots?
Passionate about advertising and keen on championing the best global industry talent? We're looking for a full-time Features Editor in New York.
We're looking for an experienced Features Editor to join our editorial team.
Based out of the New York office, this is an exciting role for a talented, organised and ambitious writer looking to work in the creative media sector.
The Features Editor will be working on the shots website and annual magazine and will be expected to understand and implement content for both platforms.
- Research and write content for the daily-updated site and annual magazine
- Oversee features within shots and liaise with freelance writers on commissioned work
- Upload and manage relevant content on the shots website
- Help create content for the shots social media channels
- Help generate ideas for features, social media content and associated shots supplements, and research and commission said content
- Ensure high quality of all publications by assisting with proofreading magazine pages and online copy
- Attend relevant industry events and festivals both in the US and abroad
- Experience with writing and editing high standard copy
- Experience with leading a publication’s features department
- At least 2 years of experience working with a fast-paced, top quality editorial team
- Strong eye for detail and IT skills, especially with social media tools
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent networking skills with a proven ability to develop key contacts and sources within the industry
- Knowledge of and experience within the advertising industry or creative sectors would be preferred