AMP Awards Issues 2020 call for entries
Entry portal for industry’s only non-profit awards competition honoring music and sound for brands is ready to accept submissions in 14 categories.
The 2020 AMP Awards for Music & Sound is off and running!
The industry’s only non-profit juried competition honoring excellence in music and sound for brands across all media has announced its Call for Entries and the opening of its online entry portal. The portal, which features an updated design for 2020. It’s now accepting submissions across its 14 categories, a full listing of which appears below.
“We’re excited about the 2020 AMP Awards and will have lots more news as we get further into this year’s awards show season,” says Elad Marish of Swell Music + Sound, National Board President of the Association of Music Producers, sponsors of the AMP Awards. “We’re lining up our Show Chair, our Curatorial Committee and our annual Hall of Fame honoree, as well as researching some emerging artists and DJs to provide the beat of our show. Expect lots more news from the AMP Awards in the coming weeks!”
The deadline for submitting entries for the AMP Awards is Monday, March 9, 2020. An Early Bird discount of 30 percent is available for all AMP members in good standing for entries submitted by Monday, January 27, 2020. All AMP members receive a 20 percent discount on entry fees.
To be eligible for the 2020 AMP Awards, entries must have first aired or been made public between March 1, 2019 and March 1, 2020. Detailed information on technical specs, categories, rules and fees can be found on the entry portal.
A full list of categories includes:
- Best Original Song
- Best Original Score
- Outstanding Adaptation/Arrangement
- Best Use of Licensed Pre-Existing Recording
- Best Sound Design
- Ryan Barkan Award for Most Effective Use of Music in a Campaign
- Best Use of Music in a Promo or Trailer for Film, TV, or Game
- Best Use of Music and Sound in New Media Marketing (Case Study Submission)
- Best Use of Music and Sound in Experiential/Events (Case Study Submission)
- Most Innovative Process & Execution (Case Study Submission)
- Best Artist + Brand Partnership (Case Study Submission)
- Outstanding Mix
- Best Execution of a Sonic Logo/ID
- Excellence in Audio-Only Marketing
Winners will be presented at a gala awards ceremony scheduled for Tuesday, May 19 at Sony Hall in New York. Tickets will be available on the AICP web site at www.aicp.com